Emily Prosser: Sleek Brow + Contour Kit

Sunday 8 February 2015

Sleek Brow + Contour Kit

Yesterday I made two amazing purchases from Superdrug. I got myself two Sleek products that I am loving right now. I tried them out straight away when I got home and this morning and, WOW, they are soo good! I couldnt understand what all the fuss was about, but now I totally agree that these two products are literally amazing.


The First product I bought was the Sleek Brow Kit in the shade Dark (818). I didn't intend on purchasing this product in this shade but my mum was distracting me and rather than picking up light I picked up Dark. 



Packaging
For saying this product is not in the correct shade for me it looks really nice and natural on my brows which shocked my slightly. I have decided to start filling in my eyebrows as I have just had a side fringe cut after years of having a full fringe, so I needed something like this to enhance my brows, and it certainly does. 

If I'm honest the only bad thing about this product is that its a pain to get off, and when you eventually scrub your eyebrows off your face they are left all stuck up with a waxy texture left on them. Don't get me wrong this product does work really well but once its been worn for the day you may think differently.

This problem could be the same with all eyebrow kits so you can never be too picky, I mean it actually does define your brows really well. (I might just be being picky)


Inside the kit

When I first opened this product I thought that both sides were gel based until I looked closer and realized that the lighter shade is actually more of a powder base. Being a powder base doesn't put me off in the slightest as it gives me control over how much product I want to apply to my brows.

The kit comes with three tools (clearly I have used one of them already)
The tools are so easy to use and they don't waste any product as it all goes onto the brows very easily. I love this product and for £8.49 I feel as though it was a real bargain as I know this product will last me a very long time.

The next product I picked up was the Sleek Face Form Contouring And Blush Pallet, and I did pick the light shade this time round! 


Packaging (sorry I couldn't flip the image)



Inside the product

When I first saw the product colors I was reasonably surprised. The blush looked a little bright at first and I thought to myself "I can't pull that off" but its such a lovely color on the cheeks and I'm loving it. 
I think the blush in this set will look great in the summer as it gives a bright dewy effect on the cheeks and it enhances my eyes which shocked me quite a bit. I have blue eyes if anybody wanted to try this to make their eyes pop like mine did when I tried this. 
Again for the price, this is a very good product at £9.99, I can see it lasting me ages which I cant really complain about. The colors will last throughout the year if you style them correctly according to the season. All in all a great buy

The only down side with the contouring kit was that the highlighter just doesn't seem to agree with my skin tone and makes me look overly shiny. I have very pale skin you see. I feel as though the highlighter is too shimmery so I don't think I will be using it as much as the blusher and the bronzer
 Thank you for reading this post, if you would like more reviews message me with ideas!

Give me a follow and share :) x










No comments :

Post a Comment