Emily Prosser: Lush Bath Bombs/Bubble Bars

Thursday 19 February 2015

Lush Bath Bombs/Bubble Bars


Recently I was given three Lush products to try as I have been wanting to use their products for so long now and this week I finally had the chance to do so!

I received Secret Garden, Rose Bombshell and Unicorn Horn!


Secret Garden and Rose Bombshell are both bath bombs which mean they fizz up in the bath and leave your water smelling fantastic, and can change it to a variety of different colors. Sometimes there are even little surprises hidden inside the bath bombs!

Unicorn Horn on the other hand is a bubble bar, you can probably guess what it does by the name. For the bubble bars to work you need to crumble them under your running bath water and rub the powder between the palm of you hand and thumb for the best results. These again turn your water a different color and leave you with millions and zillions of bubbles!

I have found the Lush bath products are very deceiving regarding the color you believe you are going to be left behind, however I will explain all of this in my reviews of each product I tried.

Secret garden!
Secret Garden was the first product I tried. I couldn't really put my finger on a specific scent as it was really quite strong smelling. This type of bath bomb is a medium green with a bright pink flower printed on either side of it. As predicted my water started to turn a green color mixed with the pink, however I was surprised to then see a bright yellow oozing out of the bomb. Little surprises like this are nice as I didn't expect it at all. Even though this bright yellow was mixing into the water it didn't really have much effect on the overall color of the bath water, mainly because the green was over powering.
I was also very pleased with how nourishing the bath bomb was for my skin. Bath products usually irritate my skin however this bomb was very gentle and didn't react with my eczema or made my skin feel itchy or sore.
It smelt incredible and was very relaxing!
8/10

Unicorn Horn!
This was the second product I tried and WOW!! It works so well! I never expected to see so many bubbles as I usually use pour in bubble baths which don't really do much. However Unicorn Horn worked really well and produced so many bubbles, I was in complete shock! I could make out a lavender scent with this product but it wasn't too over baring like the Secret Garden bath bomb.
I used this product when my bath was about full so when it came to shutting the water supply of there was a mass of bubbles around the area from where my water had been flowing. If I had used this product before my bath was half full I think there would be loads more bubbles! It just doesn't stop producing them!!
The only bad thing about this product was that the water wasn't a very nice color. I expected to see something multicolored but it was more of a browny purple color. However it smelt good so you can't have everything!
9/10

Rose Bombshell!
This is the product I used tonight and to be honest I wasn't expecting much from it at all as the bomb was just plain white on the outside. I did notice that there were small flecks inside the bomb which I knew had to be some sort or petal that would float around once the shell had dissolved. I took some pictures of this last one so you get a general idea of what I'm talking about:

If you can see, near my thumb there is a petal speck!

Obviously once in the bath it started to do its thing, spinning round and dissolving into the bath.

Just put into the bath!
I wasn't expecting much as it was a white bath bomb and I thought that the main color of my water would be white or clear with the petals floating in it. I was then shocked to see a bright pink coming out from the inside of the bomb. I think this is what I like about Lush products the most as you never know what you are going to get as the end result. There is always going to be a surprise with Lush I think and I seriously want to try out more!

Pink from the inside of the bath bomb.
Just as I thought there were petals inside the bath bomb. I was slightly disappointed as there were only four petals and I was expecting slightly more. The petals were big though so if it was down to them being that size and that no more could be fitted inside the bomb then I am pleased with the results.  

End results!

The bath ended up being a lovely light pink color with the petals floating about. This bomb smelt like a variety of flowers which was truly wonderful and leaves the most gorgeous scent on the skin afterwards. 
8/10

Overall I found these Lush products amazing to use and none of them disappointed me in the slightest! They all left my skin smelling fabulous and feeling so smooth and soft. The scents of all these products left me feeling relaxed and ready for a good nights sleep! 
I will definitely be purchasing more Lush products as these products were so amazing to use.

Give me a follow and a share!

Thank you
x   







No comments :

Post a Comment