Emily Prosser: Everyday Makeup

Saturday 7 February 2015

Everyday Makeup

By looking at the title of this post you will probably know what I'm going to be discussing. These are some of my daily makeup essentials that I use everyday for day to day wear. These are some of the topics you will be expecting from my blog and I would love to receive feedback on other topics you would like me to discuss and review :)

Skin

I have two foundations from the same brand that I use daily. I switch them up depending on how my skin feels and looks on particular days. I have very dry skin most of the time so I try to stay away from high coverage foundations as much as possible. The main foundation I use is Rimmel London Lasting finish 25hour. 
Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25hour Foundation
£7.99

I'm not going to lie but I have always loved this foundation as it is so easy to blend into the skin and gives an even coverage all over. Unlike most foundations this actually comes in my color which is perfect as I don't want to look like an orange when I go out. I have tried so many different foundations in the past and this foundation covers spots, redness and dark circles! It does give a medium coverage and has a rather heavy constancy, so I tend not to wear so much in the summer months unless I really need the coverage. When I am not using this foundation I use Rimmel London  Match Perfection to give me a lighter coverage if I'm having a good skin day or if I just feel like using it. 
Rimmel London Match Perfection
£7.99
I also use the Match Perfection foundation when my skin is feeling really dry and flaky. The reason for this is purely because I don't want to be applying something to my face which is going to enhance my dry skin and make it look far worse than what it actually is. This foundation is great in the summer months as it is very light weight and is not as heavy as the 25hour foundation. It is also very easy to build up if there are any imperfections that you would like to hide but I find that concealers usually hide most of my imperfections for me. I think both of these foundations are great value for money as they both give a great coverage and they are not too heavy for dry skin.   

The next product I will be talking about is concealer. I only use one concealer because I have found one that is so so sooo fabulous I wouldn't change it for the world. The concealer I use is the Rimmel London Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer, and can I just say... WOW! 
Rimmel London Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer
£5.99
I will admit that for a concealer it is pretty pricey, however it lasts me ages and gives a great coverage which also illuminates my skin and makes me look more awake. I usually apply this before foundation as it gives me a nice glow and looks great either under or over foundation so it doesn't really matter when its applied.I honestly cant explain how good this concealer is because words do not do it justice! I would say this is a must have for anyone's collection.

Moving onto blusher now. I used to purchase typical drugstore blushers from the Natural Collection and Rimmel but a few months back I had discovered a brand called Elf and I have loved it ever since. After purchasing my Elf blusher I fell in love and it would take some convincing for me to change back to drugstore blushes. The blusher I currently use is the Baked Blush in Rich Rose. 
Baked Blush - Rich Rose
£3.95
It gives off such a beautiful pink color on the cheeks and isn't too over powering like some baked blushes out in the market. It has a slight shimmer to it but again it doesn't overdo itself on the skin, and gives off a natural dewy appearance. A bonus is that this blusher is not expensive at all so I would highly recommend Elf Cosmetics to anyone with a tight budget. Another product I use from Elf is their Liquid Eyeliner. 

Elf Liquid Eyeliner
£1.95
Again this product is very cheap and does an excellent job and lasts throughout the day. It is so easy to apply to the lid of the eye and has a very easy application process. I am on the fence with swapping this eyeliner for something more gel based, but all in all this is a very easy product to use and I would recommend it to anybody.

Next is mascara, and I'm all for high end mascaras however I always think that they just do the same job as less pricey mascaras. The type of mascara I use is the Natural Collection Lash Length Mascara.
Natural Collection Lash Length Mascara
£1.99

Again this product is very cost effective and works a treat on my lashes. Not only does is lengthen my lashes but it enhances them and really makes my eyes pop. For £1.99 I would say this is a bargain for anyone and it typically does the same as other high end mascaras. I always repurchase this mascara and I cant see myself swapping it out anytime soon. 

Lastly onto lips. I don't use any lipsticks on my lips daily as I have never had the confidence to do so. I always stick to balms and I have recently started using balms with a little tint to them to add color to my lips. The Product I have been using and loving is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me. 
Maybelline Baby Lips - Cherry Me
£2.99
This product lasts me months and months and I'm just starting a fresh one now. The color it gives on the lips is gorgeous and lasts throughout the day, even if the glossy texture disappears. Its feels so moisturizing on the lips and the application of the product is very easy. I tend to use a lip brush rather than applying the product straight to my lip as it defines the outline of my lip shape more. I would definitely recommend this if anyone was looking for more of a tint to their lips rather than a lip gloss/shiney texture. 

So they are the products I use everyday on my face for normal day to day wear. If you have any requests or questions do not be afraid to ask me, and if you want me to review any products please let me know. 

Thank you,
Emily :)

















No comments :

Post a Comment